The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company (A&P) grocery chain was founded in 1859 as a mail order business by tea and spice merchants George Huntington Hartford and George Gilman. It is now is a family of supermarkets with over 700 stores across the U.S. and in the province of Ontario, Canada.
- Mrs. Zimmermann stops at an A&P in Big Rapids, Michigan to purchase items for the picnic dinner she and Rose Rita will have at Oley Gunderson's house (The Letter, the Witch, and the Ring, 28).
- Supermarket in Duston Heights where Gramma and Grampa Dixon shop for groceries (usually on Saturday afternoons) (The Curse of the Blue Figurine, 37).
- Anthony and his father went grocery shopping at the Hoosac A&P on a Saturday morning (The Dark Secret of Weatherend, 87).
One of the few items that could be considered a crossover between the three series is that of the grocery store chain. The Marshall A&P was originally located at 205 East Michigan Avenue but moved, in 1955, to 855 West Michigan, eventually closing in 1974.
- Wikipedia: The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company
- Marshall, Richard Carver; 1993